I have two weeks here until I head back to the states on a three week R&R.
It’s been a long winter and I have been tallying up the boat projects I need to to to get underway in September.
The first project is to remove the shrink wrap on the boat so that the sail maker can bend on the new sails! This will probably be the only one I get to on this trip since I have only a few days in Annapolis before I head to Florida to see my sister and Texas to see my folks.
Here;s the working list, though:
- Dinghy – I have to get a new one. Hopefully the engine can just be serviced
- Wind Generator – My goal is to be a energy independent without the generator as possible
- Solar Panels – See energy independence above
- Solar Controller
- AIS – Don’t have one
- Batteries – Complete new set of house and starters
- 12V Refrigeration – – See energy independence above… 110v needs a genset
- Sails – Complete!
- Life Raft – Existing one is ded dead
- Canvas – TBD… depends on my sewing skills
- Chain – Existing is rusted through
- Watermaker – Existing one is old and 110v
- Provisioning – A mans gotta eat!